The St. Mary’s Legacy Clinic is happy to welcome Melissa Coldiron as our new Clinical Nurse Manager! Melissa is a Registered Nurse who brings a wealth of passion, experience, and knowledge with her. She began this week and is excited to visit each partnership site and meet the wonderful volunteers who serve with us. Be sure to introduce yourself and welcome Melissa the next time the clinic is visiting your community.
The mobile clinic will follow its normal travel schedule during the months of June & July. The clinic will NOT be traveling August 1st – August 26th. During this time the clinic vehicle will undergo annual maintenance and deep cleaning. We will visit Crab Orchard on Tuesday, August 30th and then resume our regular travel schedule for the month of September. We hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable summer!
We recently registered the St. Mary’s Legacy Clinic with the Kroger Community Rewards Program. This is another easy way you can support the clinic. For those of you that do grocery shopping at Kroger stores, you can simply register the rewards card you already use to have a portion of your purchase be donated to the mobile clinic J You will need to know that our NPO number is 20665. Please follow the directions below to designate the St. Mary’s Legacy Clinic as the group you are sponsoring.
TO USE THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
- Simply register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with our organization after you sign up
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number (20665) or name of organization (St. Mary’s Legacy Clinic), select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 3 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
Thank you for ALL the ways you support the St. Mary’s Legacy Clinic!
The St. Mary’s Legacy Clinic recently was awarded grant funds of over $6,000 from the proceeds of the Knoxville Academy of Medicine Alliance’s “Doc Rock for Health” event. This money will be used to purchase medical equipment, as well as to cover costs of laboratory and pharmacy expenses. With the support of KAMA, our mobile clinic can help patients receive the examinations, medications, supplies, and laboratory work that they need to improve their health.
St. Mary’s Legacy Clinic extends the healing ministry of Jesus to East Tennessee by providing mobile medical services to people in under-served areas. With the help of volunteer health care professionals and other community members, the St. Mary’s Legacy Clinic provides primary health care services at no cost to the patient. We currently have an immediate need for a nurse manager to provide clinical and administrative support to the Executive Director, Medical Director, patients and volunteers. For more information on how to apply and a full job posting, go to http://www.catholicjobs.com/job/7112123475
You are all welcome to join us for a Day of Reflection on May 14, 2016 from 10am-3pm at the Sisters’ new convent at 6832 Northshore Drive in Knoxville (37919). Since it is on the vigil of the Feast of Pentecost, the Day of Reflection will explore the Holy Spirit’s role in conveying God’s Mercy. The Day includes conferences, Mass, Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and opportunity for confession and quiet reflection. His Eminence Justin Cardinal Rigali will be the celebrant for Mass. See the attached flyer for all the details. Feel free to spread the word and bring a friend. It is open to everyone. Please let us know if you are planning on coming by calling the clinic office at 865-212-5570 or emailing Sr. Mariana at firstname.lastname@example.org Click here for the flyer: Day of Reflection May 2016 v2
It’s that time of year again – we are excited to announce the 2016 Doc Rock for Health event will be held on Saturday, February 20th and the band “Spinal Tappin’ Docs” has graciously agreed to play benefiting the St. Mary’s Legacy Clinic. Please plan to attend if you are able to, and be sure to vote for “STD-Spinal Tappin’ Doctors”! Click on the image for full details.
Location: NV Night Club (125 E. Jackson Avenue, Old City – Across from Barley’s)
Time: Doors open at 8:00pm, first band plays at 8:30pm
Tickets: $15 at the door
*This is a non-smoking event for ages 18+
Doc Rock is sponsored by KAMA , a non-profit organization established in partnership with the Knoxville Academy of Medicine to promote health education programs. The event features local physician-playing bands that represent several area hospitals. Each band will play a 45-minute set and compete to win cover charge proceeds, which will benefit their favorite health-based charity. “STD-Spinal Tappin’ Doctors” will be playing for us for the second year in a row. The band with the most audience support wins. Last year the St. Mary’s Legacy Clinic did quite well and finished in 2nd place; this year we would love to finish in 1st place! Please see the attached flyer for details and plan to join us if you are able to. We hope to see you there!
As we enter the winter months, we ask that all patients and volunteers be aware of our inclement weather policy:
“The St. Mary’s Legacy Clinic will NOT travel if the schools are either closed or on delay in either Knox County or the county in which the partnership site is located.”
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The safety of our patients, volunteers, and staff is our top priority
We are so honored that the St. Mary’s Legacy Clinic has been featured on the Cover of the January 2016 issue of East Tennessee Catholic magazine! Please pick up a copy and be sure to read the article “A Legacy of Healing” on page 10. The article features some of our volunteers and patients from Athens, and illustrates what a loving impact the mobile clinic has on the communities it serves.